I love this recipe so simple and easy to make….no saucepans involved and packed with nutrients!
Is also dairy & wheat free for all those with food sensitivities or intolerances.
Chia seeds are a superfood which has a wide range of benefits-
- Improved colonic health & bowel regularity
- Decreased gaseousness
- Decreases reflux & heartburn
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Improves diabetes
- Lowers blood pressure
- Decreases inflammation
- Increases energy & endurance
½ cup white Chia seeds
2 cups of almond milk, rice milk or cashew milk
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 Tbs coconut nectar, honey or maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla bean paste or essence
1 Granny smith apple (sliced or grated) or handful of warmed berries
- Blend milk, cinnamon & vanilla bean in a jug with a whisk until combined.
- Whisk in the white chia seeds & stir for 50 seconds (til it slightly thickens)
- Let it sit for 10 minutes until fully absorb & thickened or leave overnight in the fridge in a covered container.
- Add more nut milk to the chia porridge if you like it slightly runny.
- Add sliced Granny Smith apple or Packham pears as a garnish.
- Drizzle with a small amount of warmed or cool coconut nectar, maple syrup or honey if required for sweetness.