Dips, sauces & dressings are one of the keys to easily living alkaline.
Not only do they help you to easily flavour simple vegetables and salads to make them exciting and delicious, but they also give you a hit of an extra serve (or three!) of alkalizing veggies!
This is one of my newest creations, and I love it’s simplicity, and I love serving it warm (although it’s delicious cold too, of course).
Containing lots of pumpkin, turmeric, sesame, paprika, garlic and flax, it can boast that it gives you a boost of vitamins and minerals such as magnesium, calcium, manganese, phosphorus, iron, zinc, selenium, fibre, vitamin A, C, B6, B1.
All in all giving you a huge alkaline, cardio-supporting, cancer-fighting, immune-system-boosting, antioxidant hit!
Preparation & Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
500g (18oz) of butternut pumpkin
1tbsp of flax or olive oil (preferably flax)
2tbsp of coconut oil
3 large garlic cloves
2 tbsp of tahini
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
1/2 teaspoon of paprika
Small handful of fresh parsley (any variety)
Himalayan salt & black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees (180 if using a fan), and then set to work on halving, then deseeding, peeling and chunking the pumpkin. No precise size is needed for the squash so just cut it into rough chunks.
- Put a roasting tin into the oven, lined with the coconut oil and once the oven is hot enough, tip in the pumpkin chunks and season with salt and pepper. Make sure the pumpkin is coated with the coconut oil.
- Now peel and smash the garlic, and give it a rough chop
- After 20 minutes of the roasting the pumpkin, throw in the garlic and give it all a mix, and put back in the oven for 10 minutes
- Once the pumpkin and garlic are looking well cooked, remove from the oven and tip it all into a food processor/blender, add the herbs, spices, tahini and blend until smooth.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and drizzle with the flax oil for an extra omega 3 hit and serve with flax crackers, veggie sticks or something else alkaline and delicious!
Enjoy and let me know if you like it by sharing it!