Are you sick of feeling flat, exhausted and overwhelmed? Want to bring back your spark?
As a naturopath, I treat people from all walks of life – young, old, all shapes and sizes. Lack of energy, zip, mojo (whatever you want to call it) is the most common problem by far. They’ve lost their spark – their ‘get up’n go’. If that sound like you or someone you know read on. I’ll show you how a combo of naturopathic medicine and life coaching can bring back your spark ASAP.
Most come to see me for the tip of the iceberg, exhaustion, overwhelmed by life, often living on carbs, sugar or caffeine to give them energy for life. As a naturopath, pharmacist and life coach I delve below the surface to find what’s driving the show.
To find out where the problem lies I assess a few things. Number one is your base layer – your patterns of eating, thinking, moving, drinking, sleeping, recharging, these reveal a lot about how you’re showing up every day and have a huge impact on your health. Small things done often tend to do that, which is an “ah-ah” moment in itself.
As we grow older it’s only natural to get a bit comfortable with where we are in life, but with that often comes a sense that we have to be responsible now so we can live a little later. Life is happening right now and while it might be smart to have a nest egg for the future, that doesn’t mean you can’t live a little (or a lot) right now. Stop making excuses about why you can’t go on that big trip, volunteer in another country, or do that seemingly crazy thing you’ve always wanted to try. Life is a journey to be enjoyed, embraced, and explored and what good is it to wait to do all of those amazing things if you are too old to enjoy it? Don’t wait, do it now. – Huffpost
“Change your patterns, change your life” – Julie Smethurst
Once you’ve addressed your foundations you look for imbalances in your body. Signs, symptoms, testing, intuition and experience help me to dig these up. This where my 28 years of experience in health industry kicks in (yes I started when I was 5yo!). Here you may find a variety of problems ranging from digestive issues, gut infections, nutrient deficiencies, food intolerances, autoimmune diseases, thyroid problems, hormonal imbalances, adrenal fatigue and the list goes on.
Now, it’s time to step back and construct a masterplan to suit you. This means knowing how different systems affect each other and seeing the big picture of what needs to be done and in what order. The art is in assessing where you are now and knowing the path to get to where you want to go. I guide you along step by step coaching and teaching you what needs to be done.
Ultimately my job is to empower you by teaching and guiding you along a path tailored to your needs, so you arrive at your desired destination. From here, amazing things will happen. I’ve seen people finally take that job, go out on that date, declutter what’s not working in their life and bring in what does.
It makes me smile all over every time I see a transformation from hopelessness to hope, with a spring their step and a sparkle in their eye. All I know is the world needs more people who’ve come alive.
They live longer happier lives. Having their spark back allows them to love bigger, live brighter and contribute more to making the world a better place. Who could ask for more than that!
Bring Back Your Spark Case Study – Treating Symptoms of Low Energy and Weight Loss Through Naturopathic Medicine
Here’s Lisa’s case study:
- 44 year old female
- Presented with low energy 3/10 and couldn’t lose weight even on a restrictive 1200 cal/day.
- Poor stamina, weak muscles, could only manage walking once a week for exercise.
- Bad PMS symptoms, heavy, clotted, cramping periods
- Bloating after every meal and prone to constipation
- Had an itchy rash that comes and goes on her forearms
- History of glandular fever as a child that took 12 months to recover from
- Diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis 10 years ago and was on thyroid medication prescribed by her doctor.
- Family history of autoimmune disease Lupus
- Presents as exhausted, dark circles under eyes, dragging herself along…lost her spark
- Goals – lose 13kg, increase energy
- Ran a new set of blood tests at GP
- Tested for food intolerances
- Salivary hormone testing
- Increased water intake to 2.5L/day
- Reduced caffeine drinks to ideally 1 per day
- Green smoothie 1/day
- Reduced alcohol to maximum 2 drinks on weekend
- Daily deep abdominal breathing 2 minutes
- Gave nutrients to maximise energy production
- Blood tests from GP revealed low iron, B12, MTHFR (needing activated B’s)
- Food intolerance results revealed problem digesting dairy, eggs, some grains
- Started detox & gut/ liver reset programme
- Salivary hormone results revealed extremely high cortisol on waking & extremely low after midday, explaining the energy crash after lunch and treated with nutrients, herbs and lifestyle recommendations
- Low progesterone, high oestrogen detected via salivary testing and treated with nutrients & herbs. Addressing liver/gut and adrenals makes huge positive impact here.
- Continued with anti-inflammatory diet
- Swapped to sublingual bioidentical thyroid medication and titrated to most effective dose, now Lisa’s able to exercise daily without muscle soreness and has loads of stamina.
- Spark is totally back in her eyes, dark circles have gone.
- Periods are lighter, no PMS and sugar cravings, feeling emotionally more balanced
- Fluid retention has gone, feeling energised and alert
- Lost 5kg to date
Now Lisa’s body has been rebalanced by addressing her gut and hormonal imbalances (adrenals, thyroid, sex hormones, blood sugar) she is all set to repeat the new skills I’ve taught her often. Super easy now her energy’s back and she has great patterns of eating, drinking, moving, thinking, recharging and being.
Bring Back Your Spark – Mission accomplished! And I’m still around if she needs a reset or tune-up.
Is it time to bring back your spark? You only get one go in this body so you may as well make the most of it. CLICK HERE to book online to get started today. Appointments available in person or skype.
Julie xx (Naturopath, Life Coach, Pharmacist) Feeling Great Health Solutions, Mt Martha Ph: 0438 593523