Super easy brunch or light dinner. Cook pumpkin the night before while doing dinner or on your Sunday session to make it easier & just warm pumpkin in oven while prepping the rest.
Serves: 3-4 people
- 1 large butternut squash, with long neck
- Avocado oil
- Sea salt & black pepper
- 6-8 slices protein (turkey, ham, tofu, smoked salmon)
- 6-8 poached or soft-boiled eggs
For the Creamy Spring Greens Pesto:
- 60g salad greens mix
- 60g rocket
- 30g fresh chives
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh basil OR coriander
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/4 – 1/2 ripe avocado, cubed (thicken pesto)
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 3 tbsp)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Slice neck of butternut squash with skin on into 1.5cm discs. Aim for 6-8 pieces.
- Grease butternut disc on both sides with avocado oil. Place on lined tray. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until golden on both sides, flip if needed half way through cooking.
- While the squash is roasting, poach or soft-boil your eggs and prep your protein to size of disc.
- Combine all greens in food processor until finely chopped. Add avocado, lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper. Process until smooth.
- Assemble stacks – butternut disc, smear of pesto, protein (ham, chicken, tofu, smoked salmon), egg, pesto topping. Enjoy!
If you like it, share it.