This is super easy to make and transport. Throw it together on a Sunday evening and it will last a few days in the fridge. Great option as the weather warms up with a smaller portion of green smoothie.
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 cup water or milk (almond, rice, coconut) for soaking (can do half and half)
- 1 Tbsp shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup mixed sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1 green apple, grated
- handful of strawberries or berries of choice
- 2 Tbsp coconut yogurt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp raw honey, maple syrup or stevia powder (optional, to serve)
- extra berries, fresh mint and pinch of ground cinnamon (to serve)
- Soak quinoa in water or milk overnight. Make sure the quinoa is completely covered.
- The next day, mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. The texture must be thick but smooth.
- To serve, drizzle with honey, top with fresh mint, a sprinkle of cinnamon, extra berries…..enjoy!
If you like it, share it.