A delicious dip that can be whipped up at short notice. Great when friends come round. Packed with loads of great nutrients and good quality fats.
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 3 avocados, very ripe but not bruised
- juice 1 large lime
- handful coriander, leaves and stalks chopped, plus a few leaves, roughly chopped, to serve
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of sambal oelek or finely chopped deseeded chilli
- Use a large knife to pulverise the tomato to a pulp on a board, then tip into a bowl.
- Halve and stone the avocados (saving a stone) and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh into the bowl with the tomato.
- Tip all the other ingredients into the bowl, then season with salt and pepper.
- Use a whisk to roughly mash everything together.
- If not serving straight away, sit a stone in the guacamole (this helps to stop it going brown), cover with cling film and chill until needed.
- Scatter with the coriander, if using, then serve with corn chips.
If you like it share it.