This is a great hummus recipe without the chickpeas. So very paleo friendly. It tastes delicious and is extremely nutrient dense. You can try this recipe using carrot for another wonderful spread.
Makes roughly 500mL
- 500g beetroot
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Wrap beetroot in foil and roast in oven for 30-40 minutes, or until tender (pierce foil with a fork to test).
- Set aside to cool (tip -do it the night before when cooking dinner). Peel and roughly chop.
- Place beetroot in food processor with all other ingredients. Process until smooth.
- Transfer to bowl, adjust the seasoning and serve with seed crackers (recipe on website) and raw vegetables (carrot, celery, cucumber, broccoli)
- Can be stored in fridge for up to 5 days.