Pears are amazing in winter and cook up so well for a delicious yet healthy dessert. Team it with coconut cream for some dairy free indulgence.
- 4 firm beurre bosc pears, peeled
- 400ml water
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- long strip orange zest
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean, spit lengthways, seeds scraped
- pinch of saffron threads
- 4 tablespoons coconut cream
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- Put the water, maple syrup, orange zest, cinnamon stick, vanilla seeds and pod, and saffron in a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer over low heat.
- Add pears and syrup to an overproof dish and place in oven. Cook the pears, basting with liquid and turning every 15 minutes or so, for 40-50 minutes or until tender and cooked evenly.
- Set aside to cool and serve with coconut cream.
Would love to hear if you have any great healthy dessert recipes. Just comment below.