A healthy and easy recipe from Tobi Puttock. I love his philosophy – “it needs to be easy to make without dirtying too many dishes; it needs to be delicious; and I need to be able to move after I eat it. This ticks all those boxes. The egg whites meander out into the tomatoes to almost bind it together, kind of like a frittata. If you’re an anchovy fan like me, add some to the pan just before you put it in the oven.”
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and cut into strips
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red bird’s eye chilli, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- Handful of flat-leafed parsley leaves, shredded
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Heat oil in large ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and capsicum and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, garlic and chilli, along with 125ml water. Stir to combine, then place the pan in the oven and bake for 5-8 minutes, or until capsicum and onions are softened.
- Remove pan from oven and use wooden spoon to make 4 little pockets in vegetable mixture. Crack an egg into each pocket. then bake for a further 5 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with parsley and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve scattered with a little parmesan, if desired.