Fancy a dip at a moments notice but want to lose all the cream cheese and fillers you get in so often these days. Here’s your answer. And it’s dairy free, gluten free and vegan. Enjoy with celery or other veggie sticks (zucchini, carrot, cucumber…) or linseed crackers.
Sensational brain food. Did you know your brain is your hungriest organ? It accounts for 2% of body weight, but uses 25% od oxygen we breathe, up to 50% of carbs we eat and 20% of heart’s output of blood. Your brain possesses the capacity to change, and given the right nutrients, it’s ability to function is enhanced. Better food choices can lead to faster neural signalling, and improved focus and learning.
Makes 1 3/4 cups
- 1 x 425g can chickpeas (or dried, soaked and cooked)
- 1 x 400g jar artichoke hearts in water
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- sea salt, pepper, to taste
- Drain chickpeas and artchokes, sqeezing them to get rid of excess water.
- Add all ingredients to food processor or thermomix and blend until smooth. If mixture is too thick add water. Season with salth and pepper to taste.
If you like it, share it.