Today I was inspired to write on anxiety, struggle and overwhelm. A common theme that wafted through my clinic and life over the last few weeks.
Typically the stories vary from…
- Beautiful young women losing their confidence to be themselves in the world, rather focusing on what they’re not than what is. Gripped by feelings of just not being enough, feeling judged and unlovable?
- Being medicated with antidepressants, yet still being depressed.
- Relationships and marriages disintegrating and the turmoil of change as newness is reborn.
- Friendships that have gone pear shaped over a misunderstanding.
- Work you’re no longer engaged or passionate about.
- Teenagers that have gone off the rails and lost the big picture.
- Elderly parents with declining health and associated worries and decisions.
Now stack a couple of these and you’re in the land of anxiety, struggle and overwhelm BIG TIME.
Those little adrenals are working overtime, day in day out.
Your mouth is super dry, hearts racing, a little shaky, craving chocolate and carbs, needing a red wine to settle the nerves at night and shoulders are so tight they burn and that vicelike feeling on your temples that just won’t let up.
Is it time to finally decide you’ve had enough of living like this? How long can you keep hanging onto this pattern? It’s taking up the space of a great life filled with possibility and hope.
Want to find a game plan to move you from where you are to where you want to be and get off the downhill spiral of adrenal exhaustion.
Out of interest, where are you now?
Stage 1 – Alarm Phase
- Sugar cravings
- Hot flushes
- Weight gain around the middle
- Increased heart rate and blood pressure
- Water retention
Stage 2 – Adaptation Phase
- Feeling like you’ve been hit by a bus
- Exhaustion, but still agitation due to adrenaline
- Sleep onset insomnia, especially if you’re up past 10pm and you get second wind adrenal surge
- Feel worse after exercise often
- Muscle pain, inflamed
- Depressed mood
- Fibromyalgia-type symptoms
- Clotty painful periods
- Mood swings
- Swinging blood sugar levels
- Low libido
- Premature ageing
Stage 3 – Exhaustion
- Chronic fatigue stage
- Wake often during the night
If you don’t address the situation, you’ll keep moving through the stages. Stage 3 in some cases can mean you’ve crossed the line and management is your only option. Your tolerance to stress is shot.
Need help to work out what to do next to for great results in no time at all?
Here’s what the gorgeous Jenny had to say about our time working together. “Thank you, Julie. I can’t believe how much better I feel after just 4 weeks of being under your care. You’ve opened my eyes to a new way of thinking and given me so many great tools and resources. All seems possible now. I now have energy to deal with it all. Thank you so much. Looking forward to great times ahead. “
Remember you’re not alone. I’ve lived it so I really get it.
Not doing anything or putting it off, sets you up for more pain long term…..food sensitivities, leaky gut, insulin resistance, autoimmune diseases, chronic inflammation and much more.
It’s time to let go of what’s no longer serving you and let in what does.
CLICK HERE to take action today to make for a better tomorrow. Adrenal Discovery 30 minute session for $90, skype or in-person.
Here’s to a better tomorrow.
Much love Julie xx