This treat is a gem. It doesn’t undo all the hard work of eating cleanly if you need a little sweet indulgence. And keeps well in a sealed container in the fridge.
- 2 cups medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup of organic goji berries
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons Almond Breeze unsweetened almond milk
- 1⁄2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1⁄4 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup organic desiccated coconut
- Place dates, almond meal, walnuts, coconut oil, almond milk, goji berries and cacao powder in a blender or food processor and whizz until well combined. The mixture should be a bit crumbly, but not too dry, so add another teaspoon of coconut oil if you need to.
- Stir in the cacao nibs, but don’t blend them because we want them to stay super-crunchy.
- Roll into little balls and toss through the desiccated coconut.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours to set (if you can hold off eating them for that long)!
- Cut and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
TIP: Medjool dates are usually found in the refrigerated fruit and veggie section of supermarkets, but if you can’t find any, use regular dried dates, but you’ll need to soak them in water for 20 minutes so that they’re sticky enough.
Courtsey: Lola Berry
Do you have any healthy snack recipes you would like to share? Love to hear from you.