Life Coach Mornington – 8 Ways For Letting Go and Moving On
Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.”
Life Coach Mornington – You are changing constantly and so is the universe. Just because something was right for you in the past doesn’t mean it still is. This could be a relationship, a job, a home, a habit,….
It happens slowly as you grow. You discover more about who you are and what you want out of life, and then you realize there are changes you need to make to align with the changes happening within you and round you.
Your lifestyle no longer fits. Particular people and routines you’ve known forever no longer align with your values. You cherish all the memories, but find yourself letting go and moving on
If you are dealing with this process you may feel a bit awkward, and that’s OK. This feeling is normal. We have all been there with you at some stage and will again I am sure.
Words of wisdom from your Life Coach Mornington
Reasons to Let Go and Move On
1. Someone’s negativity is rubbing off on you. – You are the average of the people you spend the most time with. In other words, who you spend your time with has a great impact on the person you are and the person you become. If you are around cynical and negative people all the time, you will become cynical and negative.
2. You have grown apart from someone. – Sad but true, no matter what you do or how much you explain yourself, some people will gradually evolve away from your core values. As time goes on they will prove over and over again that they are committed to misunderstanding you and clashing with your needs.
3. You are truly unhappy with your current circumstances. – It is better to be struggling at something you love than succeeding diligently at something you despise.
4. Your goals and needs have changed. – What was right for you then is not necessarily right for you now. Sometimes the hardest part isn’t letting go but rather realizing that you have changed, and then learning to start over with your new truth.
5. Fear is holding you back. – Part of letting go and moving on is facing the fears and disappointments of the past that are binding your spirit.
6. You catch yourself living in the past. – If all you do is attempt to relive something that has already happened, you’re missing out. Mental space you create by letting go of things in the past gives you the ability to fill the space with something fresh and fun.
7. An old grudge is still hurting you. – Holding on to the weight of anger, resentment and hatred will hold you back, but also block your present blessings and opportunities. You’ve just got to let go of some things to move forward.
8. You aren’t learning anything new. – Living is learning. Positive change is the end result of learning. If you aren’t learning, you’re dying slowly.
Here is a little inspiration to get you started. Enjoy!
Ways to Let Go and Move On
Take it from this Life Coach Mornington – Holding on is like believing that there’s only a past; letting go and moving on is knowing in your heart that there’s a bright future ahead.
Here are eight ways to let go and move on from your life coach Mornington:
1. Accept the truth and be thankful. – To let go is to be thankful for the experiences that made you laugh, made you cry, and helped you learn and grow. The acceptance of everything you have, everything you once had, and the possibilities that lie ahead. It is about finding the strength to embrace life’s changes, trust your intuition, learn as you go, realize that every experience has value, and to continue taking positive steps forward.
2. Distance yourself for a while. – take several steps back in order to gain clarity on a situation. The best way being to simply take a break and explore something else for a while. This can return you to where you started and see things with a new set of eyes. And other people may see you differently too. Returning where you started is entirely different than never leaving.
3. Focus only on what can be changed. – Realize not everything is meant to be modified or perfectly understood. Live, let go, learn what you can and don’t waste energy worrying about the things you can’t change. Focus on what you can change, and if you can’t change something you don’t like, change the way you think about it. Review your options and re-frame what you don’t like into a starting point for achieving something better.
4. Claim ownership and full control of your life. – No one else is responsible for you. You are in full control of your life so long as you claim it and own it. Some people have learned that you should blame your parents, your teachers, your mentors, the education system, the government, etc., but never to blame yourself. WRONG! It’s your choice, because if you want to change, if you want to let go and move on with your life, you’re the only person who can make it happen.
5. Focus inward. – Making a difference in the world is important, but you need to start with yourself. If you’re looking outside yourself to find where you fit in or how you can create an impact, stop and look inside yourself. Review who you are now, the lifestyle you live now, and what makes you feel alive. Then nurture these things and make positive adjustments until your current life can no longer contain them, forcing you to grow and move beyond what currently exists.
6. Change the people around you. – Some people come into your life to strengthen you, then you move on without them. They are part of your memory, not your destiny. The bottom line is that when you start compromising your happiness and your potential for the people around you, it’s time to change the people around you. It’s time to join local meet-ups, attend conferences, network online, and find a like-minded supportive tribe.
7. Take a chance. – When life sets you up with a challenge, there’s a reason for it; it’s meant to test your courage and willingness to make changes and take a chance on something new. There’s no point in denying that things are different now, or being fearful of the next step. The challenge will not wait even if you hesitate. Life only moves in one direction – forward. This challenge is your chance to let go of the old and make way for the new. Your destiny awaits your decision.
8. Focus on today. – You can decide right now that negative experiences from your past will not predict your future. Figure out what the next positive step is, no matter how small or difficult, and take it. Ultimately, the only thing you can ever really do is to keep moving forward. Take that leap without hesitation, without looking back. Simply forget the past, look straight ahead and forge toward the future.
What are you holding on to that’s holding you back? What’s the first step you need to take to let it go? Need to speak to aLife Coach Mornington? Get in touch today. Let’s make a better version of you!
Share your thoughts by leaving a comment below.