Weight Loss Melbourne – 7 Reasons You Can’t Lose Weight No Matter How Hard You Try
Weight Loss Melbourne – You’re getting dressed you walk past the scales…. it’s time to check in to see how if you’re losing weight.
You’re holding your breath and have one eye shut…..you’re not sure you want to look!
It’s been a tough week of eating less and moving more, especially, after all the mouth-watering delights of summer and the festive season.
Ahhhh….those damn numbers haven’t shifted down?
Why? What’s going wrong? You say to yourself. This needs to change I’m not buying fat clothes….no way!
You often hear “80% diet and 20% exercise?” While this theory may not be completely accurate, it’s true that what goes into your mouth is the key to success. – News.com
Here are 7 possible reasons you’re not losing weight.
1. Counting calories, not nutrients– Low-fat food choices have loads of hidden sugars and additives. Plus your body isn’t designed to handle additives and stores them in fat to protect your brain. Hence the more additives, the fatter you can become. Also be aware of hidden sugars in muesli bars, breakfast cereal, sauces, sports drinks, spreads such as peanut butter.
Solution: Instead opt for food choices that are packed with nutrients that keep you fuller for longer. When you reach your daily nutrient requirements your hunger drops. Eat until you are 80% full with vegetables, fruit, good quality proteins (eggs, fish, chicken, tofu, seafood, beef) and fats (avocado, nuts, seeds, leafy greens). You’ll be satisfied for longer, so eat less.
2. Low in key essential nutrients, such as iron, B12, magnesium, zinc and much more – so you’ve got no energy. Whether you like it or not you’re always gravitating towards high sugar, high-calorie foods, like muesli bars, bread, cakes, biscuits, chocolate.
Solution: Book in for a general health check with your local naturopath or doctor. I’m running a Limited “Where Am I At?” 20 min Health Check offer for $19 until 28th February 2017. Click here to book in or find out more.
3. Not getting enough sleep. This slows your metabolism and affects hunger hormones, Leptin and Gherlin. Decreased leptin, causes you to keep eating and increased Gherlin stimulates hunger. Plus having a lack of energy causes you to make poor food choices.
Solution: Turn it around by turning off electronic devices at least 1 hour before bed to allow your body to respond to natural sleep signals. Aim to be in bed by 10pm (or before) to honour your circadian rhythm. You’ll feel amazing.
4. Slow metabolism – caused by thyroid problems, which sets the rate of all your biochemical reactions in your body – energy, gut function, muscle recovery, brain function and much more. Thyroid problems often run in a family. Are you stacking on weight yet doing all the right things?
Solution: Get your thyroid tested. Ideally more than just your TSH. You can still have a thyroid problem if this in in range, especially if your thyroid antibodies are high or your nutrients in thyroid pathway are deficient (iodine, iron, B12, vitamin D, zinc and much more). Book in for FREE thyroid testing (valued at $140) with an initial consult until 28th February 2017.
5. Food intolerances or sensitivities– causes a feeling of needing to eat often to settle your stomach, you crave particular foods through allergy-addiction cycle, increases fluid retention and blocks fat burning. Symptoms of food intolerances include bloating, constipation or diarrhoea, brain fog, fatigue, reflux, dry mouth often and sinus problems.
Solution: If you suspect this is you, see your local naturopath to get tested with IgG test kit. Click here to book in to get started or give me a call on 0438593523.
6. Constantly stressed out – this will slow your metabolism to conserve energy. Your body’s primitive response to thinking you’re starving in the desert, when really it’s your thoughts. All roads lead to insulin resistance, poor food choices, emotional eating and an expanding waist line.
Solution: Identify your stressors, simplify, deep breathe, meditate and schedule in fun. Still having problems click here to book in.
7. Weight Loss Melbourne – High environmental oestrogen load – Xenoestrogens are synthetic chemicals found in plastics, cosmetics, detergents. They mimic our natural oestrogens and flood our system with excess oestrogenic effects, causing weight gain, predisposition to certain cancers and the dreaded man boobs.
Solution: Ditch the plastic water bottles opt for glass or stainless steel. Don’t heat plastics in a microwave (I don’t care if it says microwave safe), instead use crockery or glass or reheat on stove top/oven.
Hope that helps you get on the right path to feeling great and looking good for 2017 – Weight Loss Melbourne.
If you like it share it.