Leaky Gut Specialist Melbourne – 4 Steps To Healing Leaky Gut
What is a leaky gut?
Leaky gut…. is just that a gut that leaks. Your intestinal lining which is normally kilometres of tight junctions can be damaged, through infections, stress, toxins, ageing and certain foods. This damage causes inflammation and increased permeability. Suddenly poorly digested food particles and bacteria are able to pass through into your bloodstream unhindered.
“From an MD’s standpoint, it’s a very gray area,” says gastroenterologist Donald Kirby, MD, director of the Center for Human Nutrition at the Cleveland Clinic. “Physicians don’t know enough about the gut, which is our biggest immune system organ.” – WebMD
Leaky Gut Specialist Melbourne – Want to say goodbye to leaky gut or increased intestinal permeability – signs can include bloating, low energy, joint pain, brain fog, headaches, growing food sensitivities, digestive problems and autoimmune diseases?
Here’s a plan to get you started –
- REMOVE the drivers that are damaging the gut.
- REPLACE with healing foods
- REPAIR with supplements
- REBALANCE the gut with probiotics
NUMBER 1 – Address 4 main DRIVERS of leaky gut
- Foods typically junk foods and dairy products, sugar and gluten grains, however it’s different for everybody. It can be eggs, corn, nuts and much more – they’re great foods but you’re intolerant to them at this moment due to increased intestinal permeability and poor digestion. Break the cycle and they can become a non-issue.
- Chronic stress adds fuel to inflammatory responses, weakens your immune system over time so you’re unable to fight off bacteria, viruses and parasites. Antidotes to chronic stress include getting enough of sleep, hanging out with people that are positive and up-lifting, schedule in fun often, rest one day a week and be kind to yourself.
- Bacterial imbalance, which happens when there’s an overgrowth of bad or inflammatory promoting bacteria from a probiotic poor diet, lingering gut infections, recurrent antibiotic use and poor gut bacteria passed from mother to child during birthing process.
- Toxin overload is common, we’re exposed to 80, 000 chemicals and toxins every year. Worst offenders are chronic NSAID use, regular antibiotic use, pesticides, food additives and tap water.
NUMBER 2 – Add Gut HEALING FOODS
Here’s 4 foods that’ll kick off the healing of your leaky gut.
Leafy greens are loaded with anti-inflammatory and gut healing omega 3 fats, plus prebiotic rich fibre and nutrients. Click here for recipe. I’ve tweeked green smoothie for maximal gut healing, anti-inflammatory, probiotic rich effect.
If you’re a non-smoothie person, opt for loads of veggies and leafy greens in form of salad, soups and stir-frys. A mix of raw and cooked is great.
#2 Bone broth containing soups
Making a bone broth rich stock, which is high in glycine, proline and collagen that can heal damaged cell walls. Consume as part of your daily diet. It’s vital for recovery.
Click here for chicken bone broth recipe.
#3 Fermented vegetables
Sauerkraut and kimchi are full of organic acids that balance intestinal pH and support probiotic growth. It keeps great gut heal flourishing.
#4 Coconut products
Coconut kefir is my fav it contains probiotics that support your digestive system. However, all coconut products are good since they contain MCFA’s which are easier to digest than other fats and work well to heal leaky gut.
NUMBER 3 – Top 4 Supplements To Heal Leaky Gut
There are loads of supplements out there to heal leaky gut. Here’s your top 5 to get you started.
- Digestive Bitters and/or Digestive Enzymes
Ensuring your food is fully digested will break the cycle of leaky gut, since poorly digested food particles and proteins damage your intestinal wall, feed bad bacteria and activate your autoimmune system. Use these before each meal.
Vital for production of stomach acid, so you’re able to digest your food well. Excellent for your immune system, healing, energy and detoxification, which are all crucial in breaking the leaky gut cycle.
Is pivotal in energy production, detoxification and stress management to aid minimising the drivers and maximising the repair of leaky gut.
- L- Glutamine
Is an essential anti-inflammatory essential amino acid necessary for repair and maintenance of your intestinal lining.
NUMBER 4 – Rebalance with Probiotics
Probiotics work by replenishing good bacteria to crowd out the bad. It’s ideal to obtain them from a mix of food and supplement forms. In supplements go for high strength, high quality with a wide spectrum. It’s ideal to obtain probiotics from supplements and foods.
Opt for prebiotic foods as well, which promote the growth of probiotic species. These include leeks, garlic, onions, artichoke and dandelion greens.
Well, I hope that you’re armed with quite a few tips to get you started on healing your leaky gut.
But if you’re still feeling…… overwhelmed? Have loads of questions? Struggling with putting it all into action? Or at a loss to knowing how to find or remove your drivers?
Book online now and I’ll answer all your questions and give you loads of the tools, resources, tips and plans for success. Plus I can help step you through it. CLICK HERE to get started today with your Leaky Gut Specialist Melbourne
Is it time for you to break the cycle and feel well again?